Saturday, January 02, 2016

[ePalestine] Querencia + Al Jazeera America: Let Palestinians control their ICT resources

Dear ePalestine friends,

I'd like to use this opportunity of sharing my first 2016 published article by wishing you all a Happy New Year. Although we have much to be thankful for, times are far from happy.

I share in the attached my end of year and new year thought for reflection -- the word Querencia. It is a Spanish word I came across on New Year's eve while reading Barry Lopez's The Rediscovery of North America, which I recommend. The concept behind this word spoke volumes to me during these times as I think about life, struggle, Palestine, fleeing and resident refugees, and the present, before even the future.

Below is my latest article, co-written by my very capable friends and colleagues Nur Arafeh and Wassim Abdullah.

Onward and upward, despite all,
Sam

---

Al Jazeera America

Let Palestinians control their ICT resources

Israeli restrictions on the telecom industry have hobbled Palestine's already beleaguered economy


by Nur Arafeh @NurArafeh , Sam Bahour @SamBahour & Wassim Abdullah

"Without full Palestinian control over the ICT infrastructure, any investment in the sector risks becoming a project to "manage" the occupation, rather than a catalyst for Palestinian economic growth."

READ ON AT: http://bit.ly/ict-resources

_____________________________________

Everything about this list:
http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/epalestine

To subscribe, send mail to:
epalestine-subscribe@lists.riseup.net

To unsubscribe, send mail to:
epalestine-unsubscribe@lists.riseup.net